To view the complete Student Handbook, please select the pdf below.
The purpose of this handbook is to familiarize students, parents, and others with the philosophy, mission, policies, and practices of Minnesota Valley Lutheran High School. It is intended primarily as a guide to student life at MVLHS. Prospective students and their parents will also want to make a thorough study of this handbook. All inquiries or questions should be addressed to the Principal or Dean of Students.
Statement of Ownership
Minnesota Valley Lutheran High School is owned and operated by the Minnesota Valley Lutheran High School Association, an organization of Lutheran congregations of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) and the Evangelical Lutheran Synod (ELS) who share a common confessional belief and practice. Student Handbook.
Purpose of the MVL Association
Minnesota Valley Lutheran High School was established by the MVLHSA to provide young people a full-time Christian education through the high school years. MVL’s philosophy of education and its practice and policies are based upon the Holy Scriptures as the inerrant Word of God and centers in Jesus Christ to whom all the Scriptures bear witness. In this Christian setting young people are encouraged by the power and grace of God’s Word to submit in grateful obedience to Christ Jesus as Savior and to grow in a life of joyful service to Jesus as Lord. Parents who enroll students should be aware of this Scriptural position and confessional stance, and that by enrolling their children they are placing them under its religious instruction.
Philosophy of Education
All programs or activities at Minnesota Valley Lutheran High School have as their foundation the inerrant Word of God.
Mission of MVL
Minnesota Valley Lutheran High School uses God’s Word in a Christ-centered education to assist families in training students for Christian lives on earth and for eternity.
MNSAA Membership (Accreditation)
Minnesota Valley Lutheran High School is fully accredited with the Minnesota Nonpublic School Accrediting Association (MNSAA). MNSAA is an accrediting agency recognized by the State of Minnesota and a member of the National Federation of Nonpublic School State Accrediting Association.
Minnesota Valley Lutheran High School is a member of MISF (Minnesota Independent School Forum). The Minnesota Independent School Forum is a collaborative enterprise of leaders from the business, civic, education, and philanthropic communities who share a common interest in providing greater educational opportunities for a diverse group of students in member schools. The mission of the Forum is to be a catalyst for enhancing quality in independent secondary education in Minnesota.
- To strengthen the Christian faith and commitment of the student by encouraging faithful use of the Word of God and Sacrament of the Altar.
- To increase the student’s knowledge and understanding of God’s Word.
- To develop a zeal for the promotion of God’s kingdom through mission work both as students and later in their lives.
- To foster a spirit of love and obedience toward God’s representatives in the home, church, school, and government.
- To bring the student to depend on God’s Word as the only approach to academic pursuit and the answer to all problems in life.
- To cultivate an awareness in the student of his/her God-given talents and abilities and to use them to His glory and for the welfare of mankind.
- To adequately prepare the student academically and physically so he/she may develop into an alert, responsive Christian citizen, serving God and his/her fellowman as a demonstration of his/her sanctified life.