MVL cares about the health of your student! Please read through the medication guidelines and fill out any necessary forms. Also, look through the action plans at the bottom of the page and fill one out if your child needs one on file at MVL.

MVL is no longer able to supply over the counter (OTC) medication of ANY kind to students. Any medication a student needs (Sudafed, Tylenol, Advil, Cough Drops, etc.) must be supplied by the students’ parents or guardians in the manufacturer’s original package. These over the counter medications can be kept in the student’s personal locker. They can only be used for personal use and may not be shared with other students. You authorize your student to keep these OTC medications when you complete your enrollment every year. 


Here are some guidelines on medications.

  • The school will need a written order from the physician requesting medication to be administered during school hours. The physician’s order should include the following information:
    1. Student’s name
    2. Name of medication
    3. Diagnosis and reason the medication is needed and why it is needed during school hours.
    4. Time of administration
    5. Possible side effects
    6. Termination date for administration.
  • We also need a written request from parent or guardian authorizing the school to administer medication.

Prescription Medication Form 

  • When medications are brought to school it must be in the original container appropriately labeled by a pharmacy or physician. The following information should be included on the label:
    1. Name, address, and telephone number of pharmacy
    2. Student’s name
    3. Name of prescribing physician
    4. Name of medication, dosage, and directions for use
    5. Name of manufacturer of the drug and identification number
    6. Auxiliary labels as needed
    7. Date of original issue or renewal
  • We recommend that medications be brought to school by a responsible adult.

We cannot dispense medication at school unless the above guidelines have been met. Questions regarding this should be directed to the nurse’s office at school. Please look through these other medical forms to see if your child may need them on file at MVL.

Seizure Action Plan

Diabetes Plan

Immunization Form

Asthma Action Plan

Special Diet Statement

Allergy & Anaphalylaxis Emergency Plan