I pray that everyone is having a most blessed Easter as we celebrate the resurrection of our Savior. Because He lives, we look forward to an eternity with Him in heaven! Rejoice!
Last Monday turned out to be a wonderful day for a track meet as the temperature was about perfect and there was very little wind. With those surroundings, our track team was ready to compete, and they did an awesome job! Many athletes set PR’s, and others came very close to PR’s. The teams came ready for action, and both teams were the winners of the five team meet. While work remains, this was a very good meet for our teams. Congratulations!
This week, we will be participating in meets on Tuesday and Friday. Since they are more restricted in the number of athletes we can enter in each event, not everyone will be participating in both of the meets. The line-ups were posted for student input at practice on Thursday, a few changes were made, and the athletes should know which of the meets they are participating in. If they are not scheduled for a meet, they will have the night off (unless the pole vaulters practice with Coach Fliszar on Friday). I will post a link to the line-ups below so that our parents will also to be able to find out this information.
This week, we also are scheduled to have pictures taken on Thursday. Don’t forget to bring your uniforms for picture day on Thursday!
Looking ahead to Tuesday, April 30, we have another meet in New Ulm. While I haven’t received the information on that meet yet, in the past there have been no entry limits. If that is still the case, everyone should be ready to compete at that meet. Let me know what events you would like to do if they continue to allow open entries!
Below is the schedule for the next couple of weeks. (There may be times when multi-event athletes will stay a little later to work on all of their events, but we will try to communicate these occurrences with you ahead of time.)
- Monday, April 22 – Practice 3:30 to 5:15 PM
- Tuesday, April 23 – Meet at Mapleton (Maple River HS) at 4:30 PM. Bus leaves MVL at 2:19 PM
- Wednesday, April 24 – Practice 3:30 to 5:15 PM
- Thursday, April 25 – Team Picture Day and Pre-meet practice 3:30 to 5:00 PM
- Friday, April 26 – Meet at Arlington (Sibley East) at 4:00 PM. Bus leaves MVL at 2:20 PM.
- Monday, April 29 – Practice 3:30 to 5:15 PM
- Tuesday, April 30 – Meet at New Ulm at 4:00 PM. Route bus transportation to the meet only.
- Wednesday, May 1 – Practice 3:30 to 5:15 PM
- Thursday, May 2 – Practice 3:30 to 5:15 PM
- Friday, May 3 – Meet at Arlingtion (Sibley East) at 4:oo PM. Bus leaves MVL at 2:20 PM
- Monday, May 6 – Practice 3:30 to 5:15 PM
- Tuesday, May 7 – True Team Section Meet at Mapleton (Maple River) at 3:00 PM. Bus leaves MVL at 1:10 PM