Bethany Lutheran College Mission Statement
Bethany Lutheran College, owned and operated by the Evangelical Lutheran Synod, is a private, residential, liberal arts college committed to the teachings of the Bible as set forth in the Lutheran Confessions. Bethany provides studies culminating in a bachelor of arts degree. The college serves Lutherans and others by offering a challenging, student-centered approach to education that fosters spiritual development, intellectual and creative growth, self-understanding, and responsible citizenship. In keeping with its heritage, Bethany aspires to produce students with a clear understanding of Christian vocation, which encourages students to make the most of their God-given talents.
Martin Luther College Mission Statement
The mission of Martin Luther College is to train a corps of Christian witnesses who are qualified to meet the ministry needs of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) and who are competent to proclaim the Word of God faithfully and in accord with the Lutheran Confessions in the Book of Concord.
To fulfill this mission, Martin Luther College carries out all instruction and programs of student life according to the gospel as revealed in the inspired and inerrant Word of God.
With the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the college desires
- To strengthen the student in a consecrated spirit of love for God and his Word;
- To educate the student for faithful, capable, intelligent citizenship in today’s world;
- To assist the student in acquiring the knowledge, attitudes, and skills needed for service in the church and for lifelong learning; and
- To encourage the student in developing and demonstrating a heart for service in the church, community, and world.
To meet the current ministry needs of the WELS, Martin Luther College
- Prepares men for pastoral training at Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary;
- Prepares men and women for service as teachers and staff ministers in the synod’s churches, schools, and other institutions;
- Prepares men and women for other church ministries, both full and part-time, responding to the needs of the WELS;
- Prepares international students for ministry in partnership with WELS mission fields; and
- Provides programs of continuing education that meet the ministerial needs of the WELS.
Wisconsin Lutheran College Mission Statement
Wisconsin Lutheran College, affiliated with the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, is a Lutheran liberal arts college for Christian men and women. The college is committed to providing quality teaching, scholarship, and service that are rooted in Holy Scripture; promoting the spiritual growth of students, faculty, and staff; and preparing students for lives of Christian leadership.