Band is a two-semester course open to all students with at least one year of instrumental experience. Students without instrumental experience may gain membership to the band after basic study of an instrument has been completed. Band members study the basics of ensemble technique, music reading and theory; perform in several concerts and other appearances and are also eligible for pep band, jazz ensemble, and solo/ensemble contest. Emphasis is on individual growth and group experience. Symphonic Band is a part of the daily schedule and provides credit for graduation.
As a member of the band, the student will:
- Realize that music is a precious gift from God:
- Learn to better use the musical talents with which God has blessed him/her;
- Perform alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music
- Develop individual and ensemble skills through daily practice
- Develop appropriate stylistic performance practices for each music genre
- Gain an appreciation of musical style, history and basic music theory through analysis, discussion and by relating music to other disciplines.
Band Performance Schedule
Date Day Event
3/8-3/11 Th-S Band Fest at Illinois Lutheran HS
3/14 W Large Group Music Contest
3/28 W Spring Sacred Concert 7:00 (6:15)
5/12 Sa Prism Concerts 5:00 & 8:00
5/27 Su Graduation 2:00 (1:30)
Dates may be added due to playoffs or other changes. Other changes may occur due to rescheduling issues.
Mr. Plath Cell 507-276-3483